Renters Insurance

It’s unwise to depend on your landlord for protection, as their insurance policy does not cover your belongings nor accidents that happen within your home. With a Virginia Farm Bureau Insurance renters policy you can protect your personal property and your liability exposures in and around the property you rent, whether it’s a house or an apartment.

Because we are a local company, you can depend on our fast claims service and personal face-to-face attention. That’s why Virginians rely on Farm Bureau for their renters insurance needs.

While you can package other policies with your renters policy, there are two main types of coverage for renters:

Personal Property Coverage

Covers your personal belongings including electronics, appliances, furniture, clothing, and other items against disasters like vandalism, theft, smoke, fire, and lightning. It also covers other property in your residence and provides protection when you are away from home.

Personal Liability Coverage

Covers the costs if you cause another person to be injured or another person’s property to be damaged or destroyed, regardless of location.

Farm Bureau renters insurance also offers additional coverages designed to protect you:

Replacement Cost Coverage
Pays for the cost to replace items without deductions for depreciation.

Scheduled Personal Property Coverage
Covers special types of property against most risks of loss.

Identity Fraud Expense Coverage
Covers expenses incurred as the direct result of identity fraud.

Your Virginia Farm Bureau Insurance agent will work with you to determine how much insurance you need. When preparing to meet with your agent, it is helpful to take inventory of your personal belongings.

Contact your local Farm Bureau agent today for a quote.
2014 Virginia Farm Bureau Insurance | Terms Of Service | Privacy Policy